The VIA VX11 media system processor (MSP) with an integrated VIA Chrome® 640/645 graphics processor offers a world-class DirectX® 11 HD multimedia platform offers richer visual and 3D contents for graphics-intensive Embedded applications
Designed to leverage the power of parallel processing, the VIA VX11 MSP provides support for sophisticated shading and texturing techniques such as tessellation for smoother 3D animation and more lifelike graphics. Including Shader 5.0 to integrate cohesive post graphic processing, DirectCompute 11 for scalable GPU computing, as well as better multithreading and control for parallel computing, the VIA VX11 MSP provides enhanced graphic capabilities for today’s media intensive applications and has been designed to support OpenCL™.
The VIA VX11 MSP features the high-performance and versatile VIA ChromotionHD™ 5.0 video engine which supports stereoscopic decoding in MVC format bringing 3D content to life. Boasting hardware acceleration for dual 1080p HD decoding of H.264, MPEG-2, WMV9, VC-1, and Windows Media Video-based codecs, the VIA ChromotionHD™ 5.0 video processor brings crisp, smooth 1080p HD video content to life without hogging key system resources.
Additional enhancements include H.264 HD encoder, motion compensation, transform, de-blocking, full VLD and AVS support as well as support for the latest connectivity standards including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, VGA and LVDS.
The VIA VX11 MSP supports up to 16GB of the latest DDR3 system memory at speeds of up to 1333MHz and is compatible with the VIA QuadCore E-Series, VIA Nano® E-Series, VIA Eden® ULV processor families providing a single chip solution that reduces overall silicon footprint and lowers system power consumption.
VIA VX11 Media System Processor Key Features
- High Performance Hardware HD Video Decoder: Smooth hardware acceleration for H.264, MPEG-2, WMV9, and VC-1codecs for advanced browser streamed video technologies
- Advanced Display Connectivity: Supports the latest display standards including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and VGA in multi-display configurations
- DX11 Graphics Performance: The VIA Chrome® 640/645 integrated graphics processor is fully DirectX® 11 certified and includes a 128-bit 2D engine
- SuperSpeed USB Certification: Has received SuperSpeed USB certification from the USB-IF and supports up to 3 USB 3.0 ports
- HD Audio support: VIA Vinyl HD Audio controller supports up to six high definition channels with a 192kHz sampling rate, delivering a richer all-round digital media experience
- Memory Support: Memory controller technology supports the lower power, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory modules with speeds up to 1333MHz
- Fully Integrated technology support: Supports the low power device interfaces of SDIO 3.0, UART, SPI, LPC as well as six USB 2.0 ports
- S3TC™ Technology: True 24bit 3D texture compression algorithm which reduces demand of system memory to provide, lower power, better texture resolution and greater overall performance.